.

.

Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Irish Origins of Civilization (2008)

An Irish documentary by Michael Tsarion.
Extreme close-up Whoa! (picture) I would not have selected this camera angle. The title is not what I would have selected either. A title referring to Atonism would have been more correct. Other than nit-picking details of how the film was made and named, everything is good. The information is so vast as to leave the viewer awestruck. After watching Origins and Oracles, I thought that Mike T. had said everything he wanted to say. Fortunately, I was wrong. He does his standard slideshow deal, this time sitting at a desk and it clocks in at nine and a half hours. As always, the symbolism part is what stays in my mind best. His mention of Marlboro cigarette box design involving a pyramid with a capstone that is removed when the box opens was priceless! The lion and unicorn seal made me think of The Lion and the Unicorn rhyme/poem mentioned in Alice In Wonderland:
"The lion and the unicorn were fighting for the crown. The lion beat the unicorn all around the town. Some gave them white bread and some gave them brown; some gave them plum cake and drummed them out of town."
Overall, it was a great presentation with lots of information. On my documentary scale of education vs. entertainment, this is all education. I rate it best and would recommend it to those who enjoy long documentaries of esoteric knowledge as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment