.

.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

The Curse A.K.A. The Farm (1987)

An American horror directed by David Keith.
A re-telling of H.P. Lovecraft's The Colour Out of Space. A strange meteor falls near a farm and contaminates the water, poisoning the vegetables, animals and people.
This was way '80s and moderately cheesy. The plot and characters were adequate as well as the production value. The soundtrack was a little repetitive with "doot... doodoot" comprising 99% of the musical score. It was also a gross-out horror, which generally displeases me. I tend to go more for gothic fantasy horrors with cleaner vampires and monsters rather than bugs, worms, gore and pus. The family drama aspect of this was overplayed, probably to make it last long enough to be a feature film. The original story was not very long. Overall, I'm glad I watched it because it was one of those VHSes that I would see at the rental stores when I was too young for my parents to let me watch it. I rate it o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment