.

.

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Rehearsal for Murder (1982)

An American made for TV mystery directed by Robert Papazian, starring Jeff Goldblum.
A theater star died a year ago and her boyfriend invites his friends to read a play that he is writing. The play turns out to be about his girlfriend's murder and he accuses his friends of killing her.
This was duller than dirt, but I liked the ending. The characters were believable and the plot twisted like a corkscrew. It was actually really well made, but I just didn't like it. It won an Edgar award in '83 (as in Allen Poe for mystery productions). Sitting through the hour plus of crap to get to the good ending was nearly intolerable and I almost turned it off. I'm giving one of those weird pink ratings here for something top quality that I just didn't like.

No comments:

Post a Comment