.

.

Monday, January 5, 2015

Kymatica (2009)

A Canadian documentary by Benjamin and Daniel Stewart.
Ideas of scale and "as above, so below" are explained, using cells, humans and our planet as examples.
I've begun to distrust these guys. Maybe they don't know everything. Their films go heavy on techno/light on talk and seem to me more entertainment than education. It's all in the presentation. When they use artsy-fartsy video with techno music constantly playing, I take it as a sign that they're not as serious as they claim to be. Am I watching a music video or a documentary about serious shit? Make up your mind! Some correctly exposed footage without video effects or music would REALLY help their case. There is some good information in this film, but it's mostly an art school jack-off session. I rate it poor for not being a good enough art film or good enough documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment