.

.

Thursday, December 26, 2019

Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

An American comedy by Tom Green, starring Rip Torn.
An aspiring animator lives with his parents and tries to juggle finding a job and getting his cartoon idea picked up by a company.
Absurd and stupid, but funny. Critics all hate it, except A. O. Scott of the New York Times and it has pitiful scores on anything that reviews movies. Though I may have hated it when it came out, Tom Green is no longer popular and not saturating the media anymore. Given that break and putting it into perspective, I liked this. I thought standing on a conveyor belt with a sausage held to his crotch and saying "I'm a sexy boy" was funny. I liked when he grabbed the penis of the horse and the elephant and when he was trying to get inside the deer. I'm not really going into analysis of audio and video quality because I could see and hear everything. I'm not discussing plot or characters either, but the plot has almost nothing to do with the Freddy character being fingered. The review appropriate for this film is "was it funny?" and I think it was. The humor was crass, offensive and idiotic, but that's what made it good. I'm rating this good. If you did not see it when it came out and have a strange sense of humor, you may find it funny now.

No comments:

Post a Comment