.

.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Confession of a Child of the Century A.K.A. Confession d'un enfant du siècle (2012)

A French German British period drama directed by Sylvie Verheyde, starring Charlotte Gainsbourg.
A rich young man falls in love with a widow a few years older than him and they have problems.
Whisper acting all the way through. I couldn't hear much dialogue, so it was difficult to know what was going on. For example, therre was a scene in which the 2 main characters were discussing Charlotte's (I never heard her character's name) journal while sitting on a bed. The movement of sheets was so loud that I feared for the safety of my speakers, but the dialogue was not audible. This is a film ruined by bad audio mixing. It could have had a great plot. I have no way of knowing whether it did. What are the characters' names? Couldn't hear that either. The audio was mixed this way with theaters in mind, knowing that the volume would be nearly deafening. I can't imagine what the music would have sounded like in theaters if the volume was up enough to hear dialogue. I have to rate it shit because the only way to watch it and hear anything would have been in the theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment