.

.

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Folks! (1992)

An American comedy directed by Ted Kotcheff, starring Don Ameche.
A man has problems when his mom gets sick, his dad is senile, he lost his job, his wife and kids run away, his sister brings her sons to live with him and he is being evicted from his home.
I would call this a tragi-comedy because nothing good happens until the happy ending. The main character (Tom Selleck) won a Razzie for worst acting, but I didn't think it was that bad. This was certainly written better than The Headsman (2005) and Fair Game (1995). The characters were identifiable and memorable. SAlthough I didn't like the plot, it was clearly presented. Video showed everything going on in an early '90s style and I could hear all of the dialogue. Some of it may have been poorly written and poorly acted, but I could hear it. I've never come down too hard on a film for being too hokey, so I this has not earned my ire. I rate it o.k. because there is much worse stuff to watch and I almost enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment