.

.

Saturday, December 7, 2019

Catwoman (2004)

An American crime action directed by Pitof Comar, starring Halle Berry, Lambert Wilson, Frances Conroy and Sharon Stone.
A woman working for a cosmetic company overhears company secrets and is killed. A new life is given to her by a cat and she becomes a superhero, working to prevent the cosmetic company from releasing a dangerous product. While this is going on, she is beginning a romantic relationship with a cop who is trying to find her.
This is among the worst crap I have ever watched. Between piss poor writing, terrible acting and decreased continuity editing, it ranks right there next to The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (1987). This is from a worst films list and I agree, it does belong there. Given that this is a steaming pile of crap, I feel justified in being as bigoted and racist as I want. Besides, the movie had to put this racist moment in for me to notice it. When Halle Berry sees the necklace in the jewelery store window, I was reminded of a scene from The Secret of NIMH (1982) when Jeremy (the crow) sees Mrs. Brisby's new necklace and says "I've always wanted a sparkly of my very own!" (image). Halle's white co-worker also speaks more black than her. That's just bad writing, though. When I was in school, I was told in video classes that average shot length is 3 seconds and that was called "increased contiuity editing". I call it decreased because flashing, disjointed close-ups are disorienting at best. This film used that technique through the entire duration. It would be difficult to find a clip that went over 3 seconds without cuts. My last point is the motorcycle scene. It's mandatory for all crappy action flicks to have a motorcycle scene. See my review of Ecks vs. Sever for more discussion on this. I rate this shit because I watched it all the way through, wishing that I had turned it off about 3 minutes in. DO NOT WATCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment