.

.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Batman & Robin (1997)

An American action film directed by Joel Schumacher, starring George Clooney, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Michael Gough, Pat Hingle and Uma Thurman.
Batman and Robin face Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy and Bane with the help of Alfred's niece, Barbara.
This was cheesier than the 1960s TV show. Everything was "over the top", except for a few whispered dialogue scenes. My favorite part was Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze. His one liners were great and he did a great job of playing the villain. I think that casting Uma Thurman in a low brow flick like this is an insult. I'm so used to seeeing her in much better stuff. In general, this was almost so bad it became good. A little bit more hokey and I would have been laughing through the entire duration. By the end, I was wishing that there had been "BIFF' and "KAPOW" pop-ups to at least make it more authentic. I rate this bad. Don't watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment