.

.

Friday, December 6, 2019

Cabin Fever (2016)

An American horror remake directed by Travis Z.
A group of young people are vacationing at a cabin in a rural area. There is a disease in the water which destroys their skin.
I liked the 2002 version directed by Eli Roth much more. What I liked most was the ending with a truck full of water from the lake leaving town. This one was just too simple, with everyone just freaking out and dying and that was it. The production looked good and the audio was mixed well, but the soundtrack music was really annoying. Beer was a real issue in this. There seemed to be only and always 2 6-packs on hand. The 6s were bought at the store, the group had their party and then one of them took the same 2 6 packs into a shed to hide from whatever was going on. The only thing that I really liked about this was the sick dog (image). I think that leaving out the open ending really ruined this film. I was looking forward to it all the way through. I rate this poor because it's just not worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment