.

.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

The Ward (2010)

An American horror directed by John Carpenter, starring Amber Heard and Jared Harris.
A young woman is institutionalized and finds that there is a previous inmate haunting the hospital.
This was alright I guess. It was supposed to be set in the 1960s, but I didn't believe that for a second. Sure, they used shock therapy and vintage hospital equipment, but it just did not convince me of the date because everything looked "New Movie Too Perfect". The opening credits were a masterpiece of compositing in and of themselves. Old black and white pictures were shown on glass that broke. It was wonderfully executed. The plot was a little muddy and inconclusive, which caused some confusion as to who the characters really were. The video style was not as dark as I expected, which was good. Pacing kept up a pretty good clip and all of the dialogue was audible. Overall, it wasn't bad, but the "NMTP" thing irks me. I rate it o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment