.

.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Dangerous Method (2011)

A German Canadian British drama directed by David Cronenberg, starring Keira Knightley and Viggo Mortensen.
A doctor in a mental asylum falls in love with one of his patients. She is eventually cured and goes on to be a doctor herself.
At the beginning, I got excited because I thought this would involve crazy people acting loony, but I was mistaken. It was actually quite dry, despite numerous sex/torture scenes. The plot was on the simple side and the characters were identifiable, but I just didn't like them. Pacing was rather slow, camera-work unimpressive and it was generally lacking excitement. The acting was convincing and there were no dark scenes prompting lens cap questions. Overall, it was mediocre. I rate it o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment