.

.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The NeverEnding Story (1984)



A fantasy directed by Wolfgang Petersen.
A boy picks up a magic book in a bookstore while hiding from bullies. He then skips class to read the book in the spooky attic of the school, staying there well into the night. In the book, a boy hero is called upon to quest for a new name for the dying empress before "The Nothing" destroys the fantasy world of awesomeness.
I don't care how many reviews I just wrote, this film will never suffer that type of wrath. The plot is amazing and the characters are memorable. The style is magical and the pacing is perfect. I even type faster when writing about it! This is some classic '80s cheese, so if you grew up with it like I did, you'll like it as much as I do. Best rating!

1 comment:

  1. I remember discovering this movie and watching it with you and Lisa a million years ago. It was great then.

    ReplyDelete