.

.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)


A fantasy written by Anne Rice, directed by Neil Jordan and starring Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt.
A young man in Louisiana is turned into a vampire and tries to co-exist with his creator for eternity. They don't get along and the younger one makes a child into a vampire. He leaves with his "daughter" and they encounter a gang of vampires in Europe.
Some people would object to these "pretty boys" playing vampires, but I think it is very appropriate. Vampires are supposedly known for their charisma (in stories of course). It is a very long film and most times I watch it, I become possessed with an unholy thirst for drugs. There must be some mind control trick hidden therein. I'm rating this good, despite the foul mood that it tends to put me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment