.

.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Karate Kid series (1984, 1986 & 1989)


An action film directed by John G. Avildsen, starring Ralph Macchio and Noriyuki "Pat" Morita.
An American boy learns karate from an older man from Okinawa.
I was hoping to write a big article here about Mr. Miyagi's illustrious kung fu career, but it's not going to happen. He's an American actor whose best work was done in the Karate kid films. These movies are cheesy classics of the '80s with sparse plots and generally static characters. Daniel changes a little in the movies, but it's nothing to write home about. My most vivid memories of the second film include watching it when as a child, I would have chronic nosebleeds. I'm rating these films adequate and I will not rate The Next Karate Kid, despite Miyagi's presence in the cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment