.

.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's a Wonderful Life (1946)


A drama directed by Frank Capra.
A guardian angel is shown the life of the man who he is assigned to save. The man has plans to go see the world, but every time, just before he is about to leave, something happens that keeps him in the town that he grew up in. He bends over backwards to help people and keep his father's business open.
This is one of those films that I always heard was a classic and always avoided like the plague because of that. I had had too many classic disappointments like Ben Hur and Gone with the Wind. I figured that I would write a scathing review and tear this one a new arsehole, but it's not happening that way. I liked it. The plot and characters were great and there was style to spare. The pacing was dead on and I actually enjoyed watching it. This film gets an awesome rating and deserves every bit of it's notoriety.

No comments:

Post a Comment