.

.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

It Might Get Loud (2009)


A music documentary directed by Davis Guggenheim, starring James Page, David Evans and John Gillis.
3 rock rhythm guitarists are interviewed together and separately.
They couldn't have picked more boring guitarists for this. They all play rock and they all play rhythm guitar. They all also seem to prefer the same types of guitars. David Evans is from u2 and his parts were actually painful for me. I wanted to shout at the screen "Stop! You're hurting it!". John Gillis was talking about how he wants to make things more difficult for himself and I couldn't help but think that was the exact wrong attitude to have about music. He was even talking about using guitars with bent necks! For those who don't know, a guitar should be EASY to play so you can focus on what you're playing and not how to make an inferior instrument function. This lowered my opinion of James Page, so I'm declaring shite.

No comments:

Post a Comment