.

.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Lord of the Rings series (2001, 2002 & 2003)


A fantasy directed by Peter Jackson.
A mixed group of adventurers go on a quest to destroy a magical ring and bring peace to the land by defeating their enemies.
Just so you know, I'm not watching this before I review. I believe that the multi-hundreds of times I've seen it are enough. This film series was based on the cartoons from the late '70s, not on the books. A pony named Bill still comes from nowhere and more shockingly, the hobbits are not friends with farmer Maggot! They barely drink at all, despite the fact that the book has them partying their way out of the shire. I've heard tell, from someone who read the books more times than me, that Aragorn would have killed Boromir for treating the sword like that. Inaccuracies aside, the movies are entertaining. I'm rating them good.

No comments:

Post a Comment