.

.

Monday, August 15, 2016

The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (1987)

An American comedy musical directed by Rod Amateau.
A prepubescent  boy works in an antique shop and tries to hit on a teenage girl. The girl's pimp/gang leader torments the boy whenever they meet. During a scuffle in the shop, a garbage can is tipped over and lets out disgusting characters.
This is on everyone's list of worst films ever for a reason. I was prepared to accept the absurd romantic interest and the crappy puppets, but then they started singing. That's when I turned it off: 37 minutes and 50 seconds. From reading my reviews, it may appear that I dislike music. The absolute opposite is true. I like music so much that it hurts me when it is misused and abused. Overall, I agree with general consensus on this one. I rate it shit. You've been warned yet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment