.

.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Dazed and Confused (1993)

An American comedy drama written and directed by Richard Linklater, starring Jason London, Milla Jovovich, Wiley Wiggins, Ben Affleck, Parker Posey and Matthew McConaughey.
It's the last day of school in 1976. Some teenagers are out for violence, others for sex and others for pot and beer. They all intermingle to get beaten, stoned, drunk and laid.
Another Wiley Wiggins film. Please refer to my previous and unlabeled posts including him for more info on that. I had actually seen this long ago, but realized that it was not included in my blog. So I watched it again. It's not bad. The plot is simple, but there is an absolute army of characters. Getting everyone in the right place at the right time must have been difficult, which may explain the fast editing cuts and short shot lengths. If you like '70s rock, the soundtrack is good. I appreciated the two Alice Cooper songs so close together. My favorite moment of video is Wiley Wiggins pitching baseball while the seniors threaten him with custom-made beating sticks. Overall, it was more fun to watch when I was closer to the age of the characters. I rate it adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment