.

.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Boyhood (2014)

An American drama written and directed by Richard Linklater, starring Ethan Hawke.
A boy has a sister and lives with his mother, who has divorced the father. The kids spend weekends with the father. The mother marries an older man with anger and drinking problems.
This was TERRIBLE! The first thing that irked me was the music selection. It was all of the worst pop music from the past few years. Then came the sparse plot, with time filled in by mundane activities in daily life. Kids being annoying is just such great fun to watch. The only thing I liked was the angry, drunken check writing scene. The asshole scribbled on the check like he didn't care in a most comical fashion. I turned it off at 1:15 out of 2:45. Just couldn't take the mediocrity anymore. It was very well produced. Everything looks and sounds top quality. It was missing style. That spark that makes you want to watch it? None. I rate this shit because I turned it off and am glad I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment