.

.

Monday, May 4, 2020

Robots (2005)

An American Animated comedy adventure directed by Chris Wedge, starring Ewan McGregor, Halle Berry, Greg Kinnear, Mel Brooks and Robin Williams.
A robot from a small town goes to the big city, hoping to get a job working for a company he has seen on TV. He gets there to find that the company has been taken over by the villain.
I'm pretty sure this is some vapid entertainment. It is entertaining and animated well. Robin Williams was always a great addition to comedy. I think Roger Ebert correctly stated ""Robots delights on a visual level, but the story feels like it came off an assembly line." Tom Waits did the villain's mother's "Underground" song. IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes have scores around 50-60%. I guess I liked it at some point because it's been sitting on my computer for years. I rate it adequate and really wish there was some hidden meaning or symbolism to type about.

No comments:

Post a Comment