.

.

Friday, May 8, 2020

Iron Monkey 2 A.K.A. 街頭殺手, 街头杀手, Jiē Tóu Shā Shǒu, Gaai1 Tau4 Saat3 Sau2 (1996)

A Chinese kung fu directed by Chao Lu-jiang, starring Donnie Yen and Wu Ma.
NOT a sequel to Iron Monkey (1993). A corrupt crime overlord is dealing in guns. A poor conman is trying to trick a stranger out of his money, but the stranger is related to a blind man in town. The stranger and conman end up fighting the crime lord.
What a disappointment. I did not look it up before watching, so I thought this was supposed to be a sequel. It looked and sounded worse than some 1970s kung fu films I've seen. The plot was not communicated clearly and characters were not made clear either. They were definitely shallow and undeveloped. The only thing that I can say in praise of this is that I liked the beginning of the ending fight. The heroes used ladders as weapons, trapping their foes, knocking them down and such. That was it. I rate this bad. You would be better off not watching it.

No comments:

Post a Comment