.

.

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Ernest Scared Stupid (1991)

An American horror comedy directed by John Cherry, starring Jim Varney.
A garbage man accidentally wakes an evil troll and must help his friends to defeat it.
When I saw this as a kid, I wanted to see all the black and white films whose clips were in the intro. Now that I've seen them, I wish I hadn't. They are all terrible movies. This film is not quite as good as Goes to Camp (1987), but still funny. The late '80s and early '90s was THE time to make movies. This looked good (we all know what ingredients that takes) and sounded fine. I was amused by "authentic Bulgarian miak" and Ernest hugging the trolls. It's best to not think or write too much about this. Digging too deep would probably expose more flaws and I still like it with what I know now. I rate it adequate. You might want to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment