.

.

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Mr. Mom (1983)

An American comedy directed by Stan Dragoti, starring Michael Keaton and Teri Garr.
A man loses his job and his wife gets a new one, so he has to stay home and take care of their kids.
I would describe this as a very "low impact" film. It's really easy to just watch through and laugh about a few jokes. The vacuum cleaner, washing machine and the boy's blanket are funny to me. The humor in this film is the opposite of Clerks and Jay and Silent Bob. That was crude and this is benign. The humor springs from mundane situations which are widely recognizable through common experience of many viewers. A man who has never faced a washing machine with no clue of how to run it is not a man. I can totally understand the husband wearing the same clothes all the time and growing a beard. I do the same thing. I may have trouble getting really into daytime TV soap operas though. I liked how militant and authoritarian the people at an elementary school were about driveway direction. I've seen those people in real life. I rate this good because it's realistic, easy to watch and has some good "clean" humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment