.

.

Friday, May 8, 2020

Lady and the Tramp (1955)

An American Disney animated romance directed by Clyde Geronimi, Wilfred Jackson and Hamilton Luske, starring Dallas McKennon.
A dog from a rich house and a stray fall in love. There are issues at the rich house because the family has a baby and then leaves on vacation while the aunt and her 2 cats tend the baby.
Not bad, but not so great either. There is not much to write about this one, so I will use this space to discuss frequent topics in Disney films. Frequently, a rich character in a film thinks they are better than anyone else, forbid anyone around them contact with "certain types of people" (A.K.A. anyone who is not them) and jump to erronious conclusions which cause disaster for those around them. This describes my parents, except "rich". My family was poor and my parents acted like this. Another set of topics is destitute poverty and vagrancy. Too often, we see heroes begin the film in this situation: The Tranp, Aladdin, Pete (of dragon fame). That's just broke and homeless beginnings, not counting anything mid-plot or only 1 of those 2 states. I don't know what the point is, but I see these things frequently enough to notice them. If anyone ever read this, I would ask for comments... I rate Lady and the Tramp o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment