.

.

Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Lady Snowblood 2: Love Song of Vengeance A.K.A. 修羅雪姫 怨み恋歌, Shurayukihime - Urami renka (1974)

A Japanese jidaigeki directed by Toshiya Fujita, starring Meiko Kaji, Juzo Itami and Yoshio Harada.
Lady Snowblood, the main character from the first film, is supposed to be working for the government to bring down an anarchist. He has a document which will cause problems for the government and she ends up on his side.
A lackluster sequel to a classic. The video looked fine, except for a lack of spraying blood and violence in general. There were some great shots from rooftops, a hallmark of the era and area. There were also lots of handheld shots, which I found odd. The audio was terrible: gritty and treble-biased. The plot failed to hold my attention and I saw some really bad acting. I imagine some bad writing was also involved. It was boring and I was counting down minutes until the end. I rate this poor because there is so much worse out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment