.

.

Saturday, May 9, 2020

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989)

An American science fiction comedy directed by Joe Johnston, starring Rick Moranis.
A scientist's machine accidentally shrinks his 2 children and the neighbors' 2 children as well. He sweeps them up and leaves them in a trash bag across the yard.
Late '80s classic. I have no idea why I'm writing about these obvious movies. They are mostly made around the same time and all get decent to good reviews. I've seen a "making of" about this and lots of physical effects were used. Large props and sets look way better than CG to me. Another interesting note is that Matt Frewer (neighbor Russell) also played trash can man in The Stand (1994). The first time I watched this after finding out about these roles, I couldn't help thinking about neighbor Russell saying "bumpty bumpty bump, thumpty thumpty thump". I rate this good. You really should watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment