.

.

Monday, May 4, 2020

Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas (1977)

An American musical drama by Jim Henson, starring Frank Oz and Dave Goelz.
A young otter and his mother are poor. The boy does odd repair jobs and the mother works in textiles (sewing, knitting, laundry). In preparation for a talent show, they both steal the other's main tools to complete their acts.
Gift of the Magi with puppets and a happy ending. I watched a version which combined the 2 televised versions into a single video, which I was glad to find out when it was explained at the end. Among "folks who can do no wrong", Jim Henson is high on the list. The puppetry and production may seem quaint and antiquated by today's CG standards, but I like them more. The River Bottom Nightmare Band even played proto-metal at the talent show. I don't want to type any more about this because I rate it awesome and you should watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment