.

.

Friday, May 29, 2020

Mondo Cane 2 (1963)

An Italian mondo documentary directed by Gualtieto Jacopetti and Franco Prosperi.
Scenes of contrast from around the world are shown and "explained" by the narrator.
These old mondo films were wild and still are. There were funny moments like the explanation of the vending machine restaurant, paint spitting art and the "hard head" village. Many of the scenes from America were explained as if Americans are a strange and foreign tribe, almost aliens from another planet. It may have been intentional for humor. There were also tragically disturbing moments like the stink bug tacos in Mexico, flamingos and the tortured children. I can watch almost anything, but those pushed my limits. The audio on the version I got was in English, so it was easier to watch than the last mondo film I reviewed. I like to keep my reviews of mondo films short so as not to give away everything. If mondo films are for you, you need to see the originals (like this) and I rate it good. If mondo films are not for you, you know it and won't watch them. Be aware that it seems nothing is "off limits" in these.

No comments:

Post a Comment