.

.

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Rumor Has It A.K.A. Rumor Has It..., Rumour Has It (2005)

An American romantic comedy directed by Rob Reiner, starring Jennifer Aniston, Kevin Costner, Shirley MacLaine, Mark Ruffalo and Richard Jenkins.
An engaged woman finds out the The Graduate was written about her mother and grandmother. She meets with the author and has an affair with him, like her mother and grandmother did before her.
Stupid. I don't like romantic comedy, I don't like Jennifer Aniston and I don't like Rob Reiner. My last post about Reiner's films was pretty derogatory, but I have to make this worse. I knew every move the characters would make before they made it. I saw everything coming a mile away. Jennifer Aniston's bad acting befouled my screen for an hour and a half, with the only respite being Shirley Maclaine as the drunken and jaded grandmother. Beau Burroughs' sexual conquest of the family seemed to be a metaphor for the film as a whole. Reiner was guaranteed success due to celebrity status and just let it happen. Other critics have not had many positive things to say about this either. Overall, crappy. I rate this bad. DO NOT WATCH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment