.

.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Eugenie A.K.A. Eugenia, Eugenia De Sade, De Sade 2000 (1973)

A Liechtenstein sexploitation directed by Jesus Franco.
A young woman lives with her step-father, who is an erotic writer. After she reads some of his books, they decide to murder people together.
This was not too shabby. The plot was simple, but seemed to not make much sense. Why are they killing people? The characters were developed a little bit, but I didn't feel like I knew them personally. The video was actually not too bad. Most of the shots were straight forward narrative style, but clearly showed what was going on. There were some more artsy shots that were in the right places and looked cool to me. The main attraction here is the soundtrack. Although not expansive or varied, it features a catchy theme that reminded me of Cannibal Holocaust. The bittersweet vocal melody is very similar. Overall, a decent piece of lascivious cinema. I rate it o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment