.

.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Turbo Kid (2015)

A New Zealand Canadian adventure directed by Francois Simard, Anouk Whissell and Yoann-Karl Whissell, starring Michael Ironside.
A teenage boy rides through a post-apocalyptic wasteland on his BMX bicycle. He befriends a female robot and a one-armed arm wrestler and together, they struggle against a ruthless gang leader who controls the local water supply.
This was pretty bitchin'. The friend who recommended Kung Fury told me to watch it, so I knew it would be a positive experience. The plot held my attention and I really grew to like the well-developed characters. The video was all nicely done with special effects out the wazoo. The audio featured audible dialogue and a 1980s synth-pop soundtrack. If you like '80s nostalgia done in a 2015 style, this is for you. Overall, marvelous. I rate this awesome. Watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment