.

.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

¡Three Amigos! (1986)

An American western comedy directed by John Landis, starring Steve Martin, Chevy Chase and Martin Short.
Poor Mexicans who are afraid of a bandit gang see an American film and think that it is real. They send a letter to the heroes, who show up, thinking that they are responding to an acting gig.
This was actually funny. The plot was typical of the mid '80s and the characters featured famous comedian/actors of the time. A time when part of being a good comedian was being a good actor. The technical aspects were fine. What impressed me most was that I got the humor and found it funny. I may be dating myself by liking '80s slapstick humor, but who cares? Not only could they act like fools, they could also deliver serious lines with conviction. Overall, a fun movie to watch. I rate this good because there is SO MUCH that is infinitely horrible that this is bordering on wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment