.

.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Bamboozled (2000)

An American comedy directed by Spike Lee, starring Damon Wayans and Michael Rapaport.
An educated and intelligent black screenwriter is asked to make a "nigger show" by his wigger boss.
This was pretty cool for like the first 3/4. I didn't like the ending. The characters were type-cast and the plot held my attention with frequent and overt racial stereotypes. The TV show that they made was hilarious! The racist cowboy within me enjoyed this a great deal. The tap-dancing star of the show was my favorite character because he performed best when the show began and his character was developed more than others. If you are interested in racist stereotypes about people with dark skin, this is for you. It blew Coonskin (1975) out of the water in that department. I rate this awesome for being extreme.

No comments:

Post a Comment