.

.

Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Wanderers (1979)

An American crime drama directed by Philip Kaufman, starring Karen Allen.
A high school gang in New York City act like who they are. There is a new member, an old member switches gangs, a girlfriend gets pregnant, there are parental problems and a rumble.
This was pretty good, but I could swear I've already seen and reviewed it. The plot held my attention and I liked some of the multitude of characters. The video was pretty good for 1979 and the audio was appropriate. I think they went a little overboard on the dated and overplayed pop songs, but some people might like this movie for that. My favorite gangs were The Baldies and The Wongs (don't fuck with the Wongs). The ending brought back ideas and themes from the beginning. Overall, damn good for war & sex Kaufman. I rate this good. Watch It!
"war & sex Kaufman" is my commentary on his filmography as a whole. Those are his two main themes besides incredibly long durations. The majority of his films feature photographers and writers having sex during a war for over two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment