.

.

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Hemingway & Gellhorn (2012)

An American war romance directed by Philip Kaufman, starring Nicole Kidman, Clive Owen and Lars Ulrich.
Ernest Hemingway has a romantic relationship with Martha Gellhorn, a war correspondent during WWII. Their relationship is not always stable, but they travel the world together.
This was so long, so boring and so not my thing. I don't like romance flicks and I don't like war flicks. Add the two and a half hour duration and we're talking distraction city. It literally took me from 11:45AM until 10:30PM to get through this and that's on my second try. The plot did not hold my attention at all. The characters were acted well. I was convinced that "old" Gellhorn was acted by Sigourney Weaver, but this was just not the case. The video transitioned between vintage black & white to modern HD color and included everything in between. The audio on the version I watched was slightly quieter than normal, but sounded decent to me. The technical aspects were alright, but I wish they had maintained a constant video style instead of this transition stuff. Overall, I hated it because of content. I rate this bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment