.

.

Sunday, May 1, 2016

Quills (2000)

An American British German drama directed by Philip Kaufman, starring Geoffrey Rush, Kate Winslet, Joaquin Phoenix and Michael Caine.
A writer is imprisoned in an insane asylum. He writes lurid tales of sex and violence. When he produces a play about the misdeeds of the new owner of the asylum, the benevolent Abbe is pressured into silencing the writer's pen.
Sex innuendo so over the top, such foul-mouthed scoundrels I hope they don't stop. This short poem was composed at the beginning of the film and they did not stop indeed. Things only got more shocking and graphic as time went on. Obviously, I liked the plot and characters. They were right up my filthy alley. The men were all insane except the Abbe. The women were all strumpets, promiscuous whores and prostitutes. There was even a cameo by a dwarven prostitute. In the picture above, the writer has just penned a story on his clothes, using his own blood. Video style was trumped by the action and dialogue to the point that I didn't notice how good it was (and it was good). The audio went a little awry in places when too much was going on, but was mostly great. The overall style is what impressed me. It was how everything came together and blasted into a climax. Female anatomy points! I almost forgot! The lead actress earned them at the end, reminding me of a Princess Bride quote about "perfect breasts". Overall, this is wonderful. A true joy and honor to behold. I rate this best. WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment