.

.

Monday, May 23, 2016

The Drum A.K.A. Drums (1938)

A British war film directed by Zoltan Korda, starring Sabu Dastagir.
A young prince in India tries to help British soldiers who are being tricked and led into a trap.
Sabu brings such life and energy to the screen. Unfortunately, that is the only positive point for this film. The plot was murky and failed to hold my attention. There were two good characters: Sabu and the drummer boy. Everyone else was extras. I really like the technicolor video, as I have previously stated. The audio was not bad, but definitely not good. I could hear everything because it was all turned up, bordering on distortion. This is what made the final scenes so difficult for me. Here we are with cranked audio breaking up and what happens? Massive barrages of gunfire! DFYTYXSTJHRSXXRT!!!!! AAAAAAAHHH!!! TDTURSATEZHILFTYSDTHVFS!!!!! It was pretty bad. Overall, you would be much better off watching Jungle Book or The Thief of Bagdad to get your Sabu fix. I rate this poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment