.

.

Friday, March 6, 2015

The Last Time I Saw Paris (1954)

An American romantic drama directed by Richard Brooks, starring Elizabeth Taylor, Van Johnson, Walter Pidgeon and Donna Reed.
A couple who meet in Paris have various drama in their lives. The man is an ex-soldier who wants to be an author, but becomes an alcoholic. The woman comes from a family which lives a regal lifestyle, although being totally broke. They have a daughter together who adds to their problems.
I am in no way interested in the lives of these people. Their problems are not mine and I care not what becomes of them. Mostly a talking movie (besides writing, kissing and drinking), it held little to capture my attention. I sat through about an hour of the two hour duration before turning it off. The audio and video were fine and there were some creatively framed shots. The plot was clearly communicated and the characters were identifiable. Although technically sound, it did not interest me. In accordance with my turnoff rule, I rate it shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment