.

.

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Terror A.K.A. Lady of the Shadows A.K.A. The Castle of Terror A.K.A. The Haunting (1963)

An American horror directed by Roger Corman, Francis Ford Coppola, Monte Hellman, Jack Hill and Jack Nicholson, starring Boris Karloff and Jack Nicholson.
A lost soldier happens upon an old castle. Drama that unfolded years ago still causes insanity in the residents. There is a young woman around who is supposed to be dead.
This was pretty bad. Not only that, but I remember watching it before. The intro looked really cool, but the rest of the film was horrid. Bad acting did not convey the constantly twisting plot very clearly. The camera-work was alright, with some good shots of spooky castle stuff. Apparently, Boris Karloff begged Roger Corman not to make this film. Roger should have listened. I rate it shit. It should not be watched by anyone under any circumstances. I will never forgive blogger for not letting me find it on my own site and tricking me into making the mistake of watching this a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment