.

.

Friday, February 20, 2015

Child Bride A.K.A. Child Brides, Child Bride of the Ozarks, Dust to Dust (1938)

An American drama directed by Harry Revier.
A school teacher is running a campaign against underage marriage among hillbillies. A girl yokel is engaged to an older male redneck.
This is generally called an exploitation film because of the swimming scene (picture) in which the female lead is swimming nude. I am not so easily swayed by individual scenes. I would go for political drama rather than exploitation because I've seen exploitation films and this isn't it. What questionable content that there was was used in good taste and in an effort to demonstrate a point. Exploitation films generally go overboard somewhere and show something more objectionable than a naked girl. The plot was clear and the main characters easy to keep track of. I thought the audio and video were a little primitive, but nothing struck me as an error. I rate it tolerable. Even I was appalled by the young marriage, but I support indiscriminate looking without touching. It's a victimless crime like smoking cannabis.
 Why are you looking at this so much? It's a public domain film. If you're that interested, download it! https://archive.org/details/ChildBride Please tell me why this accounts for 90% of my blog traffic.

1 comment: