.

.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Oscar (1991)

An American comedy directed by John Landis, starring Sylvester Stallone, Marisa Tomei, Ornella Muti, Tim Curry and Chazz Palminteri.
A mobster promises his dying father that he will "go straight" and find a legal job. On the day that he will be accepting a banking position, the police and another gang are watching his house. There are multiple mix-ups with suitcases and people who want to marry each other. This prompts the cops and other mobsters into action.
I normally don't like comedies, but this was alright. Maybe I've been watching too much overly-serious stuff recently. The plot was repetitive, but the humor was decent. The characters were stereotypical and shallow, but Stallone played a good gangster. Tim Curry's English teacher role was amazing! I also liked the tailors. The audio and video style was of the times. I liked the thug emptying weapons from his pocket and how the underwear bag always appeared at the correct times. Overall, a standard comedy that made me laugh a little. I rate it adequate.

No comments:

Post a Comment