.

.

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Mo' Better Blues (1990)

An American musical drama written, directed and produced by Spike Lee, starring Denzel Washington, Wesley Snipes, Giancarlo Esposito and John Turturro.
A young man in New York City grows up to be a famous trumpet player. He has problems with his manager, women and band members until someone smacks him in the face with his own trumpet. With his musical career ended, he settles down with one woman and starts a family.
I'll call this a melanzana movie. The plot was typical of Spike Lee's films. Same with characters. The video was good, but a little on the dark side. The soundtrack featured mostly jazz and I even identified "Goodbye, Pork Pie Hat". The part that I really liked were the bookend intro and outro scenes being similar. I didn't understand the scene where the main character was laying on the floor (picture). Although previously absolved of all crimes of cinema, that doesn't stop me from giving an honest review. You seriously need dark skin to fully appreciate this film. I rate this tolerable.

No comments:

Post a Comment