.

.

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Clockers (1995)

An American crime film directed by Spike Lee, starring Harvey Keitel, John Turturro, Delroy Lindo and Keith David.
A drug dealer murders another man on his boss' orders and the dealer's brother is framed for the murder.
This was alright. The plot was complex and held my attention. The characters were mostly stereotypical. I think the main character was a little unbelievable. A real drug dealer would have been very different from this role. The technical aspects were fine. I noticed some high viewpoint shots of "The Benches" that showed when the cops arrived. There was also a good moving close-up of the dealer's chocolate milk as he walked across the scene. I know that the Gangsta video game the boy plays is fiction and a video made just for this film, but the portable system that he uses eludes my research. Was there a Sega Genesis that was worn on the body and had glasses as a display? Overall, a decent flick. I rate it o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment