.

.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

For a Few Dollars More A.K.A. Per qualche dollaro in più (1965)

An Italian Spanish West German spaghetti western directed by Sergio Leone, starring Clint Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef, Gian Maria Volonte and  Klaus Kinski.
A pair of bounty hunters form a partnership to defeat a gang of bandits who rob a bank.
This was somewhat less than wonderful. The plot did not hold my attention. I thought most of it was filler that buried the real story. The characters were fine, but not exactly original. I've seen Clint Eastwood play that same role in that same costume too many times. The video was very Leone, featuring eye line matching on extreme close-ups and pull-back crane shots. The soundtrack was probably my favorite part. Ennio Morricone always does a great job in a predictable style. Overall, just another spaghetti western. I rate this adequate. It was decent, but nothing special.

No comments:

Post a Comment