.

.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

He Got Game (1998)

An American drama written and directed by Spike Lee, starring Denzel Washington and Mila Jovovich.
The father of a famous high school basketball player is in jail. He is let out for a week to convince his son to go to a certain college. If he succeeds, he will be set free.
This was not really my style, but generally well-made. The premise was implausible, but it made an interesting plot. The characters were stereotypical, but well-acted. The dialogue was believable and written in character. The video featured extremes of light and dark scenes that I found unsettling. There was a small amount of compositing and creative editing. I liked the scene where the rich guy in the car is telling the basketball player about temptations that come with fame. The visual representations of these amused me, as did the verbal description. The audio was good. The soundtrack featured a wide range of music that was appropriate for the scenes and I could hear all of the actors when they spoke. Overall, good production value, but not my style. I rate it o.k.

No comments:

Post a Comment