.

.

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Burke & Hare (2010)

A British black comedy directed by John Landis, starring Simon Pegg, Andy Serkis and Tom Wilkinson.
A duo of poor men are looking for opportunities to make money when their neighbor dies. They overhear a rumor that the local anatomy schools are paying for corpses and go into business. The doctor they are selling to is working on an anatomy book and one of the corpse salesmen funds the career of a local prostitute who wants to put on a play.
This was pretty cool. The plot was just complex enough and held my interest quite well. The characters were acted well, but fell into some typical stereotypes. Simon Pegg is, of course, a very skilled actor. The "humor" was mostly funny to me. I also liked the intro and outro narration by the executioner. The video was well-done. I could see everything that was going on clearly, but didn't notice any amazing camera-work. The audio was great. Traditional music of the area and good accents all aroond. Overall, professionally executed and interesting. It reminded me of I Sell the Dead (2008). I rate this good.

No comments:

Post a Comment