.

.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sin City (2005)


A film noir directed by Robert Rodriguez, Frank Miller and Quentin Tarantino, starring Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke, Jessica Alba, Benicio Del Toro and Elijah Wood.
A detective seeks to protect the girl who he saved when she was a child. A thug has a one night stand with a hooker and wakes up to find her dead.
With a team of directors like this, the movie is as good as it should be. The style of the film is great and the scarce use of color is great for the film noir feeling. The characters are extreme stereotypes, but good anyway and the plot keeps my interest every time I watch it. I'm rating it best.
Excuse the short reviews today. I've got this giant stack of DVDs that I've seen a few hundred times each and I'm just cranking out reviews as quick as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment