.

.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Aladdin (1992)


A fantasy animation by Ron Clements and John Musker, starring Robin Williams, presented by the Disney corporation.
A poor young man finds a lamp with a genie in it who grants wishes.
This is one of the few Disney films that I like and one that I've seen in an actual theater. The middle eastern theme fits the story very well and the characters are good. The plot is good and, since it was 1992, the pace was good too. Robin Williams is a good performer and fit right into the Disney genie role. Take note that djinn were evil characters in middle eastern mythology and that Williams would be playing out of character if this was the case in this film. The question that I heard of in my studies was "inn or djinn?" this was to tell if you were dealing with a magical trickster. I'm rating the film awesome for entertainment value alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment